Saturday 29 July 2017

So How Is It?

We're 4 days into the final section of summer camp! Scary. But I'll tell you what, I have struck gold  with these kids once again. Practically all of them are super sporty and super keen to know and do everything at camp! So naturally they ask a gazillion questions, which leaves turns me into a broken record almost. Thus we have started the 5 question limit between meals. A little harsh; but the biggest thing these boys need to learn is independence, thinking for themselves and a bit less reliance on the adults. We'll get there!

It's been so much fun already getting to know the new kids. Yesterday I played a bunch of tennis with 3 of them, then archery with some others as well as a small football tournament with 2 boys too! My position as GC (general counsellor) means I can spread myself out and have fun at all the activities its great! Today we had cabin activity down at canoe and kayak and for the first time I had my whole group in boats, enjoying the water. It was fantastic! Beautiful sunshine and fun games of 'keep the pool noodle' (floating thingy you grab and put in the kayak then run away!) it was lovely. And the best thing was my chinese camper started talking and playing with the other boys and now wants to do kayaking next week! Awesome.

I'm going to try a new system of blogging in the next couple of days. Instead of the pressure of writing down everything all at once I might just start writing short stories and memories whenever I have time.

Love to all my family, I have a day off on tuesday which I will try and use for skype calls and such so be ready! Until next time xx

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the question limit! Ready when you are on Skype!

    ReplyDelete