Friday 16 June 2017

The Week Before Camp

Travel Day

10am Manchester-12:30 Toronto YYZ, UP Express (sky train) - Union Train Station (torn apart by renovations) - Fallowfield, Ottawa 19:45. Where I will meet up with my long lost mate Nick! 6 years since I've seen the bloke who was my best friend through school. I'm a bit nervous but I'm sure with our easy going attitudes it'll be good fun.

I will be living under his roof till the 22nd June when I'll travel back to Toronto for my staff orientation and bus to camp on the 24th! From the brief, window framed glimpse of Toronto it looks like quite a nice city, that I will be sure to return to.

It's been a straightforward trip, I utilised the friendly information staff and friendly Canadian people around me to get from A to B. Like Mitsey (my best interpretation of the spoken name!) a personal trainer and who recently met her 6th grandchild in Copenhagen! We had a great friendly chat and gave me loads of tips for surviving camp life in Parry Sound (Bug. Spray.) and also my train journeys. Random acts of kindness and friendliness really makes you smile.

I'll be sure to update with my touristy exploits over the next couple days in the nations capital!
Until next time..!

1 comment:

  1. Quite the seasoned traveller! Enjoy & regards to Nick

    ReplyDelete